Welcome Beings of All Sorts

Welcome beings of all sorts! Somehow, you have found this blog. :D I congratulate you on that whether it was through success or failure! My name is Madeleine Schmuch aka MadDog and I am an amateur cosplayer. I will also be your guide here. This blog came to be because I needed to organize my cosplays and constantly work on them so that I would finish them. I thought that if I had a commitment to post I would work more often and would not forget important things. This blog started off as being called "MadDog's Sewing" but has since then turned into a guide to cosplay and has taken on the new name "MadDog's Wicked Guide to Wicked Cosplay." That being said, I'm terrible with names. This blog should really be called "MadDog's Tips That She's Found to be Useful and is now Sharing on a Blog in Hopes That They Might Help Somebody Else in Their Efforts to Cosplay." That name fits this blog much better however, it was a little bit too long. Moving on, I've added new sections to make this blog more informative but they are almost all ongoing sections. (If you need information on certain things now, please shoot me an email. Email: wickedcosplay@yahoo.com) Whether you just want to follow my projects or learn how to start cosplaying, I'm hoping that this blog will be a help. MadDog out! :)

Sunday, July 5, 2015

CtCon Crunch

It has been forever. Wanna know why? It's cause I was graduating highschool, then traveling, then being sick for three weeks. I'm very sorry. So to make it up to you people I'm going to post a bunch about my Connecticon Con Crunch that I'm painfully trying to make happen. I was going to start this last week but the thought of finding my camera instead of working on Impa was too dreadful. Now that I've made a ton of progress (the costume is a little over fifty percent done now) I feel like I can use the time when I'm waiting for paint to dry and stuff to find my camera and make a post or two for you all. (Although today you are gonna have to deal with crappy phone photos cause my camera is out of battery. Tomorrow nice pix though.)

It's been so long I hardly know where to start. I have been working a lot with worbla to create armor pieces for Impa and then taking forever to hand paint them with acrylic paint because I don't have the money, time, or cooperating whether to spray paint them. How I make the armor is I first pattern of the pieces with craft foam and hot glue accent craft foam pieces on to that. Then I heat up my worlba with a blow dryer (because I don't have a heat gun) and mold it around that. Using the back of scissor blades, I can make sure the worbla wraps nicely around the accents and it looks pretty cool. Here are some pictures of works in progress. (Nothing's completely done yet but most of the pieces are about ninety percent done.)






And here is my checklist so you can see exactly what I have got done and need to get done.
  • Worbla
  • Wig
  • Other wig supplies
  • Style wig
  • Wig tape
  • Need tons of red cord-y stuff
  • Overall-y thing Materials
  • Make base of overalls
  • Add designs to overalls
  • Distress overalls
  • Spandex for leg armor (under the overalls)
  • Other materials (maybe craft foam and more cord)
  • Make leg armor
  • Elf ears (figure out)
  • Bandeau fabric
  • Make bandeau
  • Distress bandeau
  • Bodice thing materials
  • Make base of Bodice
  • Paint bodice
  • Add details
  • Figure out feather thing
  • Make feather thing
  • Buy spandex for lower arm armor
  • Make out of worbla and spandex
  • Paint
  • Add details
  • NEED A TON OF GLUE
  • Attach to spandex
  • Figure out the elastic needed for upper arm armor
  • Make upper arm armor
  • Paint and distress
  • Fabric for scarf
  • Beads for scarf
  • Make scarf
  • Belting materials for chest piece (somewhat done)
  • Make chest piece
  • Details
  • Make leather belts for chest piece
  • Add snaps
  • Base shoes
  • Spandex for shin armor
  • Create shoes out of spandex, worbla, and base shoes
  • Paint
  • Add details
  • Put together
  • Buy makeup
  • Figure out how the heckie you are going to attack the Guardian Naginata (I just really love this weapon so it’s the one I’ve decided to make–although I really do like the Giant’s Knife too even it it’s just because that’s the first weapon you get to use when playing her so maybe I’ll make that as well–and maybe I’ll make the Sheikah Naginata too–stop MadDog make the actual outfit first)
  • Make the Gaurdian Naginata
  • Just distress everything more for good measure
  • Cry over how long this took (repeat as many times as necessary)
  • Have fun wearing this BA outfit
So yeah. Along with making my Stocking cosplay that's what I've been doing. Hopefully when I post again tomorrow I'll have a bunch more done. I'm planning on finishing the last of my Stocking stuff today which includes making arm bands and splicing black and white tights to make her stockings. I also want to finish Impa's upper arm armor, making progress on painting everything that needs to be painted (like add a few layers of paint and whatever), and start making her naginata. If time permits I'd also really love to style her wig but I just don't think that that is going to happen today. And everything else is going to have to wait until the rest of the materials I ordered come in tomorrow so if I get all those things done (doubtful) there won't be any bonus progress. :( Now lets see how much I get done! Hope all of your cosplay plans are coming along just fine and MadDog out!

PS -- I've got a lot requests to post Homestuck photoshoot pictures from Anime Boston so I will be doing that but probably after Connecticon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...