Welcome Beings of All Sorts

Welcome beings of all sorts! Somehow, you have found this blog. :D I congratulate you on that whether it was through success or failure! My name is Madeleine Schmuch aka MadDog and I am an amateur cosplayer. I will also be your guide here. This blog came to be because I needed to organize my cosplays and constantly work on them so that I would finish them. I thought that if I had a commitment to post I would work more often and would not forget important things. This blog started off as being called "MadDog's Sewing" but has since then turned into a guide to cosplay and has taken on the new name "MadDog's Wicked Guide to Wicked Cosplay." That being said, I'm terrible with names. This blog should really be called "MadDog's Tips That She's Found to be Useful and is now Sharing on a Blog in Hopes That They Might Help Somebody Else in Their Efforts to Cosplay." That name fits this blog much better however, it was a little bit too long. Moving on, I've added new sections to make this blog more informative but they are almost all ongoing sections. (If you need information on certain things now, please shoot me an email. Email: wickedcosplay@yahoo.com) Whether you just want to follow my projects or learn how to start cosplaying, I'm hoping that this blog will be a help. MadDog out! :)

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

CtCon Crunch Day Three

The saga of running out of time! Yay! Anyways today I finished my boots other than potentially adding in snaps to snap on to my overalls if they can't hold their own wait when the armor has dried on. I also did I few modifications on the bodice but it's not fully complete yet as I'm still working out the kinks in how I am going to take it on and off my body. I didn't get the extra armor that goes on the overalls doen but I did finish everything else to do with the overalls so that's good. Bt I really didn't make any progress on the chest piece at all. Also, as the con is in two days, I've made the decision to just not make the naginata. I will for the next con I wear this cosplay at but for now it is just too much I cannot handle making it as well. Tomorrow I am busy most of the day but in the evening finishing the chest piece and the bodice are the most important things. Next is adding the extra armor to the overalls (and some snaps) and then comes the bandeau. I also must get the wig styled. If I'm not forgetting anything that's it. I hope it all gets done. We'll find out when I post next if some of those tasks are carrying over into Thursday though. For now, enjoy some pictures of each step in my boot-making process and a pic of the inside of my bodice. I hope your cosplay endeavors are better than mine. MadDog out!


My base shoes.

Cut off some straps.

Added a cover and grommets to lace up the back.

Added details. (Now I'm waiting for the armor to dry but then I will get a pic of that too.)


Checklist:

  • Worbla
  • Wig
  • Other wig supplies
  • Style wig
  • Wig tape
  • Need tons of red cord-y stuff
  • Overall-y thing Materials
  • Make base of overalls
  • Add designs to overalls
  • Distress overalls
  • Spandex for leg armor (under the overalls)
  • Other materials (maybe craft foam and more cord)
  • Make leg armor
  • Elf ears (figure out)
  • Bandeau fabric
  • Make bandeau
  • Distress bandeau
  • Bodice thing materials
  • Make base of Bodice
  • Paint bodice
  • Add details
  • Figure out feather thing
  • Make feather thing
  • Buy spandex for lower arm armor
  • Make out of worbla and spandex
  • Paint
  • Add details
  • NEED A TON OF GLUE
  • Attach to spandex
  • Figure out the elastic needed for upper arm armor
  • Make upper arm armor
  • Paint and distress
  • Fabric for scarf
  • Beads for scarf
  • Make scarf
  • Belting materials for chest piece (somewhat done)
  • Make chest piece
  • Details
  • Make leather belts for chest piece
  • Add snaps
  • Base shoes
  • Spandex for shin armor
  • Create shoes out of spandex, worbla, and base shoes
  • Paint
  • Add details
  • Put together
  • Buy makeup
  • Figure out how the heckie you are going to attack the Guardian Naginata (I just really love this weapon so it’s the one I’ve decided to make–although I really do like the Giant’s Knife too even it it’s just because that’s the first weapon you get to use when playing her so maybe I’ll make that as well–and maybe I’ll make the Sheikah Naginata too–stop MadDog make the actual outfit first)
  • Make the Gaurdian Naginata
  • Just distress everything more for good measure
  • Cry over how long this took (repeat as many times as necessary)
  • Have fun wearing this BA outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...