Welcome Beings of All Sorts

Welcome beings of all sorts! Somehow, you have found this blog. :D I congratulate you on that whether it was through success or failure! My name is Madeleine Schmuch aka MadDog and I am an amateur cosplayer. I will also be your guide here. This blog came to be because I needed to organize my cosplays and constantly work on them so that I would finish them. I thought that if I had a commitment to post I would work more often and would not forget important things. This blog started off as being called "MadDog's Sewing" but has since then turned into a guide to cosplay and has taken on the new name "MadDog's Wicked Guide to Wicked Cosplay." That being said, I'm terrible with names. This blog should really be called "MadDog's Tips That She's Found to be Useful and is now Sharing on a Blog in Hopes That They Might Help Somebody Else in Their Efforts to Cosplay." That name fits this blog much better however, it was a little bit too long. Moving on, I've added new sections to make this blog more informative but they are almost all ongoing sections. (If you need information on certain things now, please shoot me an email. Email: wickedcosplay@yahoo.com) Whether you just want to follow my projects or learn how to start cosplaying, I'm hoping that this blog will be a help. MadDog out! :)

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

God Tier John Done!


Done. I repeat done. I was not at all expecting to have a new cosplay completed so soon after I did my giant Elsa project simply because I'm almost completely broke right now. The reason I was able to make this is because I actually got all of the materials for free. Yes, you heard me right, for free. My grandmother was clearing out some of her old fabric and she just happened to have two yards of navy blue fabric which I used for John's hood and I had the remains of a gift card to A. C. Moore which just happened to be having a gigantic sale last weekend so I got three t-shirts with it. Although the colors aren't perfect (because the fabric was random and the shirts they had left as A. C. Moore weren't quite right), free is free. And it is because of this fact that I have a post for you today.







The shirt was (you guessed it) just done with fabric paint. (I know I know, you love me for my new techniques with every outfit. Ahhhhhh... so much sarcasm.)


John does not know how to feel about the update.



I made this hood in twenty minutes and I wish I could tell you how but I completely winged it.







If I were to redo this, which I prolly will at some point in time, the thing I would want to redo most is the hood because although it made me happy being able to throw it together in twenty minutes, the fabric is just not right. It doesn't drape well and it isn't the right color really. But it was free so right now I'm ecstatic. Also, if I am able to go to Alternicon, I will be wearing this for at least one of the days and when I wear it, I will prolly have painted my shoes yellow and blue by then. Just really happy with my zero dollar outfit. Have you accomplished anything like this before? Aaaaaaaand MadDog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...