Welcome Beings of All Sorts

Welcome beings of all sorts! Somehow, you have found this blog. :D I congratulate you on that whether it was through success or failure! My name is Madeleine Schmuch aka MadDog and I am an amateur cosplayer. I will also be your guide here. This blog came to be because I needed to organize my cosplays and constantly work on them so that I would finish them. I thought that if I had a commitment to post I would work more often and would not forget important things. This blog started off as being called "MadDog's Sewing" but has since then turned into a guide to cosplay and has taken on the new name "MadDog's Wicked Guide to Wicked Cosplay." That being said, I'm terrible with names. This blog should really be called "MadDog's Tips That She's Found to be Useful and is now Sharing on a Blog in Hopes That They Might Help Somebody Else in Their Efforts to Cosplay." That name fits this blog much better however, it was a little bit too long. Moving on, I've added new sections to make this blog more informative but they are almost all ongoing sections. (If you need information on certain things now, please shoot me an email. Email: wickedcosplay@yahoo.com) Whether you just want to follow my projects or learn how to start cosplaying, I'm hoping that this blog will be a help. MadDog out! :)

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New Cosplay! Princess Zelda (from Twilight Princess)

"New cosplay? What? But you haven't finished like, anything--at all." True true internet, true true. The thing is, I am in Marching Band. "You are such a dork." Yes, yes I am. I dress up as fictional characters and I'm the band (and I love it). Well for me, band camp has started and I will basically not be able to do anything at all ever again. Okay, that was a complete lie. Let me say that a different way. I have marching band three times a week for three hours a practice with the addition of football games and competitions now on top of my usual schedule. Right now, I am pretty much working on summer homework all day everyday, going to marching band, getting home late, and passing out. Then school's going to start and my life will be even busier. That being said, I love to make cosplay. Any chance I get, I will work on cosplay. Any chance may mean only be ten minutes here and there so I can't promise anything will get done quickly but it will get done. I will also take pictures of significant progress on things every few days or so and I can say that I will have another big Alois and/or Seras and/or Devit update before my school year starts. (I'll also post little random things, kind of like I'm doing right now, when I'm dying of homework overload or whatever.) Now, before you get too upset, I have bought a lot of new fabric for outfits and I have had a lot of time to plot new cosplays when I see my friends.

Which brings me to the actual post. One thing that we've decided on recently is to do a Legend of Zelda group cosplay. I will be dressing up as Princess Zelda and two of my friends will be going as Link and (imp) Midna. We've decided to do this for this thing at our school called Senior Dress-up Day (which is on Halloween or around Halloween). We decided long ago (as little freshmen), that when we got to be seniors we were going to basically blow everyone away with awesome costumes. Now, I'm not a senior yet but I will be in a little over a year and that's how long we're giving ourselves to work on this project. (We really want to look awesome.) So, I will basically be in search of perfect fabrics and things from here until October 31, 2014. That means sporadic Zelda posts for a long while but hopefully a really awesome finished project you can look forward to seeing. (Along with tutorials on random things like, how to make armor as Zelda has the shoulder armor things going on.) I'm really excited for Zelda and I thought I'd give you an update about everything that was going on in MadDog land (so that's what this post is). Hope that this was informative for you as readers of this blog (even if you didn't "enjoy" it because it was mostly just information about future stuff). MadDog out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...