Welcome Beings of All Sorts

Welcome beings of all sorts! Somehow, you have found this blog. :D I congratulate you on that whether it was through success or failure! My name is Madeleine Schmuch aka MadDog and I am an amateur cosplayer. I will also be your guide here. This blog came to be because I needed to organize my cosplays and constantly work on them so that I would finish them. I thought that if I had a commitment to post I would work more often and would not forget important things. This blog started off as being called "MadDog's Sewing" but has since then turned into a guide to cosplay and has taken on the new name "MadDog's Wicked Guide to Wicked Cosplay." That being said, I'm terrible with names. This blog should really be called "MadDog's Tips That She's Found to be Useful and is now Sharing on a Blog in Hopes That They Might Help Somebody Else in Their Efforts to Cosplay." That name fits this blog much better however, it was a little bit too long. Moving on, I've added new sections to make this blog more informative but they are almost all ongoing sections. (If you need information on certain things now, please shoot me an email. Email: wickedcosplay@yahoo.com) Whether you just want to follow my projects or learn how to start cosplaying, I'm hoping that this blog will be a help. MadDog out! :)

Monday, June 3, 2013

More on How to Get Started

I'm putting up this post because I lot of you may be saying, "I've done steps one through four (of "Where do I Even Start?!") but how do I do step five?! You're telling me to start but I don't know how to!" Calm down. Here's what you do:

1) Order a wig.
Or acquire a wig or whatever, just make sure that you have a wig coming. Even if it's not coming in for a while, just get the ordering done and out of the way. For more information on where to buy wigs, Please Click Here. For more information on wigs in general, Please Click Here.
2) Make the hardest part of your outfit.
Just do it. If you get it over with, then you won't have to worry about it anymore and after making something hard, you'll be more confident in finishing the rest of your outfit. Right now, I'm working on a Devit cosplay (for more info on my own projects, Please Click Here) and I know that his pants are going to be the hardest part of his outfit. So I'm doing them first. Get. It. Over. With.
3) Make your character's prop(s).
(If your character doesn't have a prop, disregard this section.) Props can be very hard. But don't be discouraged because most props can be made out of everyday materials. Their real downfall is: they can take a lot of time. Waiting for things to dry can be very annoying and this means that making a prop can take a few days. However, you still don't want to rush or you are just going to have a crappy prop. Instead make sure that if your prop has a lot of pieces or is gigantic or both, that you make sure you have time set aside for drying paint and glue and things (not just build time). Most props can be made out of things like cardboard (cheep, easy, good looking) but you can really use anything if it looks right. And remember, there is a lot of experimentation in making props and the more you make, the better you'll get at it.

After you've done these three things, you can calmly go about getting your makeup, making other pieces of your outfit, styling your wig, and all that good stuff. I hope this makes your cosplaying adventure easier. And now... COMING SOON: How to Make a Cosplay Sword! (I'm doing this as an example of how to use an easy and cheap technique to make a simple prop.) MadDog out!

Click Here to see part one of how to make a Stocking sword--as it is now completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...