Welcome Beings of All Sorts

Welcome beings of all sorts! Somehow, you have found this blog. :D I congratulate you on that whether it was through success or failure! My name is Madeleine Schmuch aka MadDog and I am an amateur cosplayer. I will also be your guide here. This blog came to be because I needed to organize my cosplays and constantly work on them so that I would finish them. I thought that if I had a commitment to post I would work more often and would not forget important things. This blog started off as being called "MadDog's Sewing" but has since then turned into a guide to cosplay and has taken on the new name "MadDog's Wicked Guide to Wicked Cosplay." That being said, I'm terrible with names. This blog should really be called "MadDog's Tips That She's Found to be Useful and is now Sharing on a Blog in Hopes That They Might Help Somebody Else in Their Efforts to Cosplay." That name fits this blog much better however, it was a little bit too long. Moving on, I've added new sections to make this blog more informative but they are almost all ongoing sections. (If you need information on certain things now, please shoot me an email. Email: wickedcosplay@yahoo.com) Whether you just want to follow my projects or learn how to start cosplaying, I'm hoping that this blog will be a help. MadDog out! :)

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Change of Plans

I know that I said I would be working on my Alois Trancy cosplay but I will actually be taking a break from that. The reason is: Boston Anime is coming up in May and I thought that I would try to not be my usual procrastinating self and get my cosplay for it done now. I'm going with two of my friends and we are going to be characters from one of, if not our favorite anime, Neon Genesis Evangelion. I will be cosplaying as the first child, Rei Ayanami and my friends will be Asuka and Shinji. We will not be attempting to make plug suits but rather their school uniforms. I've done some fabric shopping and will keep you updated on how my cosplay is coming if not all three of ours.


And now for a little bonus project. After I posted the shoes I made for Bagle, I realized that I have a lot of projects going on that are Fullmetal Alchemist themed and are shoes. So I thought I'd post another. These are "Manga Shoes." I got the idea from and issue of NEO magazine and thought I'd try it out. All I did was take manga pages (in this case printed off the internet but you can also just use old manga pages), glue them on to a pair of cheap flats, and mod podge over them. I enjoyed making them but found that I should have used a pair of flats that didn't have and elastic in the back because it made putting pages over that section horrid. But in the end, I think that they came out okay.








Until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...