Welcome Beings of All Sorts

Welcome beings of all sorts! Somehow, you have found this blog. :D I congratulate you on that whether it was through success or failure! My name is Madeleine Schmuch aka MadDog and I am an amateur cosplayer. I will also be your guide here. This blog came to be because I needed to organize my cosplays and constantly work on them so that I would finish them. I thought that if I had a commitment to post I would work more often and would not forget important things. This blog started off as being called "MadDog's Sewing" but has since then turned into a guide to cosplay and has taken on the new name "MadDog's Wicked Guide to Wicked Cosplay." That being said, I'm terrible with names. This blog should really be called "MadDog's Tips That She's Found to be Useful and is now Sharing on a Blog in Hopes That They Might Help Somebody Else in Their Efforts to Cosplay." That name fits this blog much better however, it was a little bit too long. Moving on, I've added new sections to make this blog more informative but they are almost all ongoing sections. (If you need information on certain things now, please shoot me an email. Email: wickedcosplay@yahoo.com) Whether you just want to follow my projects or learn how to start cosplaying, I'm hoping that this blog will be a help. MadDog out! :)

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! ...and MORE COSPLAY!!!

So I dunno about you, but my new year started a few minutes ago. Just wanted to wish you all a happy new year!

POST UPDATE (1:12 PM):
So I was going to post all of this stuff when I originally posted... but then I was tired and that didn't happen. Well, here are all of the other things that I wanted to say:
I hope your cosplay of 2013 was everything you wanted it to be and if not you have some wicked resolutions. Even if it was I hope you all have some goals and things (I certainly have a list).
  • This year I have resolved to finish my Alois and Seras cosplays which have been missing out in progress making due to the fact that I lost cosplay partners and events for both of them due to busyness this past year. (Get all that?) 
  • I also resolve to make more helpful posts for beginner cosplayers like wig tutorials and boot covers (because I just realized that I have totally been neglecting that part of this blog). 
  • I also want to start a project that is going to be very difficult. I was going to wait on telling you all this because this project in particular is going to be ridiculously out of my comfort zone, but I'm going to attempt making a cosplay for Hajime's Gatchaman form from Gatchaman Crowds. To those of you who have a clue as to what I'm talking about may instantaneously realize why this cosplay is going to be insanely difficult for me (maybe not for someone else but it's me we are talking about). To put it in simple terms, I want to make light up robot armor.  I don't plan on starting this project until the summer but hey, it's out there in the world. Look forward to it. It may be a complete success or a complete failure but it should be fun either way. Stick around.

Just a few more things I would like to say. I got this wonderful thing called Worbla Thermoplastic as a Christmas gift. (It's expensive but I know that you can find it on places like yayahan.com.) I have never used it before but it's what experienced cosplayers use for making armor. It's something I've wanted to try using for a while and I'm excited to say I now can. I will hopefully be using it for the first time in my Zelda cosplay and then again in my Hajime cosplay. (You can see it to your right--like my pjs?) Also, I just bought some beautiful fabric for my Levi jacket. I know that a lot of cosplayers have been using leather or leather-like material for their Attack on Titan jackets but I won't be. I'll be using a material that is thick and rough and militaristic. (I think that it's pretty wicked.)












And lastly, hopefully I'll have a new Seras post up today because I worked on her shirt for hours yesterday. That's about it. I'm looking forward to this year and I hope you are as well. There should be some great cosplays in store for us all. MadDog out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...